With FMenu you can stay connected to Facebook via your Mac's menu bar.
FMenu works as a drop down menu, which reveals all the latest notifications from your Facebook account. These can be updates, statuses, notes, groups, wall posts, friend requests or photos. You decide which ones you wish to be notified about. FMenu is very quick and will scan Facebook more or less every 35 seconds. You should also make sure that you have Growl installed so you can receive timely pop-up notifications.
While FMenu is very stable under Tiger, many Leopard users have complained that the application crashes regularly in Apple's new OS. Let's hope developers will soon release a more stable version. FMenu also suffers from two little glitches. If your Mac goes to sleep and FMenu is on, it'll flood you with notifications as soon as you turn your Mac back on. Then again that's just the application doing its job. Also, if you remove a friend in Facebook and FMenu is working, it will notify you that his profile is changed instead of removed.
Despite these two little issues, FMenu is a great little tool to receive to-the-minute notifications from Facebook from your menu bar. Let's just hope a stable Leopard version is released soon.
- Snow Leopard support and 64-bit binary
- Better connection handling and stability on 10.5 and above
- Cleanup of menu items and actions to reflect current Facebook site design
- Resolves crashes on startup
- Note that alerts for "New photo comments" are no longer available as Facebook has stopped providing this functionality